Tuesday 11 October 2011

Rawr I'm a Paper Dragon!

I'm so excited I got my wacom today and I've been messing around with it in Photoshop. I didn't find the controls as counter intuitive as I thought. In fact everything flowed very natural. I spent a lot of time customizing the buttons on the sides to better suit where my hand was going to be positioned. I don't think I'm quite done yet, since I seem to spend a lot of time using the color picker tool I may just use that as one of the two buttons directly on the pen. I do tend to agree with others though that the tablet itself has room for and should come with more buttons :)

I find myself still relying on the laptop's trackpad and a few keystrokes here and there but overall I'm extremely happy with the design. I'm not quite sure how to set up the pressure sensitivity for the brushes in photoshop yet. The program still relies a lot on the flow/opacity settings.

There's just so much I have yet to learn so I spent today sketching a dragon in flat colors just to get the feel of the tablet.




Not exactly the photorealistic dragon I'm aiming to be able to do but it's a start however shamefully noobish it might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment