Monday 16 January 2012

Winter Blues

Been gone for awhile but it's all because of this here table. Notice how shiny and new it is! I spent hours sanding that thing by hand and the flat surfaces with my random orbit sander (yay xmas presents!). Not really a sketch but it's creative in it's own right. I sure put enough effort into the darn thing!!


oooh! aaaahh!!


The chair is here for comparison of how weathered the darn thing was although the table itself was much much worse! I've never sanded and painted furniture for restoration before so this was a definite learning experience for me. And oh the mistakes! but luckily none can be seen unless thoroughly inspecting :p


I've always wanted to go skijoring or sledding with my dog so with the acquisition of my old skis and ski boots from storage I think it would be worth a try although my dog might be suspicious of the entire endeavor. I just need to order a harness for the two of us. My favourite part about this model is the safety release. Usable for when your dog sees a rabbit or some trees get in the way or things are going just terribly wrong!

So in the spirit of skijoring I decided to flex my tablet and make a little sketch painting.

Although this is the ideal scenario, I'm sure I'll be on my face for most of the first run if my water skiing skills are anything to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment