Friday 18 May 2012

The Soul Well

I've had this image in my head for a while now so I quickly sketched it the other day. I am hoping to turn it into something highly detailed. I think the monochromatic color scheme will make it easier to apply the lighting effects. I consider this a short refresher for the application of light and shadow. Yay!


I thought to include the first writings of Enjeru and his Soul Well but this little short is all I could find on it. There is another scene where I am sure I describe it a bit more but damned if I could find it for this blog post. Sadly you'll have to contend with Enjeru's first introduction which surprises me it's not more badass. You'd think meeting the almighty growly guy for the first time would be a bit more frightening!


"The high Lord Enjeru coiled about the remnants of the shattered crystal like some wicked serpent from ages long past. With each soul sacrificed in his name he grew in power and with enough souls he would be able to rise from this penance of sleep and descend upon the land as a true god. And when that happened he would take up his faithful children and crush his evil twin into oblivion.

In the meantime however he wallowed in the comfort of the tower's highest spire and fed off the killings of his most beloved of servants. Very soon Enjeru would have need of Caelum once more. It was just a matter of opportunity."




No comments:

Post a Comment